Monday, August 22, 2005

Garlic Season

Got my garlic planted this past weekend (Aug 21). Planted 10 different kinds, and extended my patch by about a third. I moved the garlic back very close to where it was the first year. Since that intital trial, I've extended the patch about three hundred percent.


I also over the past couple years have been able to spawn garlic patches in two different states, involving six others beyond myself--now that is 'victory' gardening (my definition). I have others growing asparagus now as well.


Varieties

I have five softnecks, four hard necks, and elephant. The Siberian is the strongest of all, and of course the elephant the mildest. While I was separating and selecting final seed-stock, I opened a clove of Siberian, and both the taste and aroma were phenomonal--almost hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home